ABOUT THE TERMS
Access to and use of jla.co.uk both within the UK and internationally is provided by JLA on the following terms:
- 1. By using jla.co.uk you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of jla.co.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to jla.co.uk.
- 2. Check these terms regularly as JLA may make changes from time to time. Your continued use of jla.co.uk will be deemed as acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease to use this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on jla.co.uk (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
USE OF jla.co.uk
- 3. You agree to use jla.co.uk only for lawful purposes, in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within jla.co.uk.
- 4. Unless where explicitly stated otherwise, all copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on jla.co.uk and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in JLA. You may not republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public or otherwise use jla.co.uk without the prior written permission of JLA.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO JLA
- 5. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with JLA you agree to grant to JLA, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it considers appropriate (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons.
- 7. If you do not want to grant JLA the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit your contribution to jla.co.uk.
jla.co.uk FEEDBACK FORUM
9. You agree to use the JLA Feedback Forum in accordance with the following, which will be closely moderated by JLA:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or intended to cause trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content; unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- No multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the feedback forum or annoying other users.
- No spamming or off-topic material; please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (eg vulgar, offensive) user names.
- URLs (web site addresses) cannot be posted.
For safety, JLA advise you never to reveal personal information about yourself or others.
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in jla.co.uk, including text, graphics, video programmes and audio.
- You agree to submit to the Feedback Forum only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of JLA including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
Breaching Forum Rules:
- An email will be sent by JLA explaining why your contribution has been refused or edited should you fail to abide by the above rules.
- A breach of the above rules may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to contribute to the Feedback Forum or other participatory areas.
- If you submit inappropriate content or otherwise engage in disruptive behaviour on jla.co.uk, and JLA considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, JLA may inform relevant third parties such as your employer or email provider about the infringement(s).
- JLA reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any JLA account, at any time, for any reason.
YOUR myJLA ACCOUNT:
10. All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with another person's email address or with a temporary email address may be closed without notice. JLA may require users to re-validate their account.
JLA reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) to hide the use of multiple Forum accounts, or disrupts services in any way.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 11. The majority of content posted on the Feedback Forum is created by members of the public. The views expressed belong to them and unless specifically stated are not those of JLA. JLA is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on jla.co.uk or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through jla.co.uk. Any links to third party websites from jla.co.uk do not amount to any endorsement of that site by JLA and any use of that site is at the user's own risk.
- 12. jla.co.uk content, including information, names, images and footage regarding or relating to JLA, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, JLA excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. JLA does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any content. While JLA endeavours to ensure that all content is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of JLA for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- 13. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes JLA's liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, JLA shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of jla.co.uk regardless of the form of action.
- 14. JLA do not warrant that functions available on jla.co.uk will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that jla.co.uk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- 15. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- 16. The failure or delay of JLA to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive JLA's right to enforce that right.
- 17. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.